Sony ILCE-7M4 Alpha a7 IV Mirrorless Digital Camera
Advanced BIONZ XR image processing engine with up to 8x the processing performance45
Reliable AF capabilities including Real-time Eye AF for humans, animals and birds
Movie-making with 4K 60p46, 10-bit 4:2:2 recording capability
Advanced functions for movies including Active Mode, Breathing Compensation and AF Assist
Sony ILCE-7M4 Alpha a7 IV Mirrorless Digital Camera
Get Rewarded with Sony Rewards
What are Sony Rewards Points?
Sony Rewards is a free loyalty program in which you can earn 5% rewards points (order value excluding VAT). Simply log in or join now to link your Sony Rewards account to a Sony Store account. Click here to learn more
- Newly developed 33.0MP16 back-illuminated CMOS image sensor : The full-frame Exmor R™ CMOS sensor delivers outstanding speed and superb image quality. The use of copper wiring contributes to higher transmission speeds and faster AD conversion, while fast sensor readout enables 10-bit 4:2:2 4K recording at up to 60p17. The sensor also provides improved colour reproducibility, low-noise performance at all sensitivities, 15-stop18 dynamic range on stills, and increased AF precision and focal stability.
- BIONZ XR™ image processor for up to 8x19 processing speed :The BIONZ XR engine, also used in the flagship α1 and α7S III models, provides up to an 8x19 increase in processing speed. The engine concentrates real-time processing of AF, image recognition and image quality adjustment to minimise processing latency, for greatly increased movie and still processing power. User interface, network, and file management processing is distributed in order to deliver fast response regardless of real-time processing load.
- Beautiful image rendering with low noise : Visible benefits of the powerful new 33.0MP16 sensor and engine go beyond mere numbers. They include soft, natural-looking human skin textures, a stunning level of detail in landscapes and scenery, and better colour reproduction, with higher subjective resolution resulting from improved algorithms. The standard sensitivity range of ISO 100-51200 is expandable to ISO 50-204800 for stills and ISO 100-102400 for movies, with low-noise performance throughout.
- Set the mood, in-camera, with Creative Look : Broaden your creative palette with a selection of ten Creative Look presets. You can easily impart a particular mood in your still images, movies and live streaming, and all preset selections are available in-camera without post-editing, so you can share your vision immediately after shooting.
- Beautiful colour expression made simple, with S-Cinetone™ : The α7 IV supports S-Cinetone, based on expertise gained through development of the VENICE CineAlta camera. This look is responsible for the beautiful skin tones for which Cinema Line cameras like the FX9, FX6 and FX3 are widely acclaimed. It delivers natural mid-tones for healthy-looking skin colour, plus soft colours and gorgeous highlights. Because it's in-camera, it's easy to create a more expressive look for your movie imagery without post-editing.
- Soft Skin Effect for bright and beautiful skin appearance :The built-in Soft Skin Effect makes skin look more beautiful, softening wrinkles, blemishes and dull patches while preserving liveliness in eye and mouth areas. Complementing the capabilities of the full-frame sensor, this feature can add appeal to live-streamed sessions as well as enhancing still shots and movies. Four level settings are available25, so you can adjust the degree of the effect as you wish.
|NUMBER OF PIXELS (EFFECTIVE)||Approx. 33.0 megapixels|
|ISO SENSITIVITY (RECOMMENDED EXPOSURE INDEX)||Still images: ISO 100-51200 (ISO numbers from 50 to 204800 can be set as expanded ISO), AUTO (ISO 100-12800, selectable lower limit and upper limit), Movies: ISO 100-51200 equivalent (ISO numbers up to 102400 can be set as expanded ISO), AUTO (ISO 100-12800, selectable lower limit and upper limit)|
|VIEWFINDER TYPE||1.3 cm (0.5 type) electronic viewfinder (Quad-VGA OLED)|
|MONITOR TYPE||7.5 cm (3.0-type) type TFT|
The only camera I have ever bought that actually exceeded my expectations. With over 30 megapixal resolution for images and 4k down sampled from 7k! Video footage, Sony delivers the perfect camera for both enthusiasts and professionals alike. Combined with any Sony lens (especially GM lenses) the imagery coming out of this camera is superb. Sony is also updating the firmware and adding further improvements to an already great camera. It has won product of the year for a reason.
Having had a mk3. Tried a Mk4 and worth every penny so I bought two
I bought this camera last week wow what an upgrade from the a7iii and the a7c. Love the new touch screen flip screen.
The sharp images and the larger grippier grip.
Bought as upgrade from previous version, the previous was an excellent camera, but there are a few redesigns that persuaded me it was worth the upgrade, like spec increases, more sensible control layouts, ability to close rear display etc.
I bought this camera 3 weeks ago. I came from the A6000 and this is a massive step forward. The A6000 is still great, but this... wauw! Fast, sharp and overall great. The only thing I had my doubts about is the screen. I'm more fan of the same movable screen as the A6000 had, especially for street photography, but I'll get used to it.
If you consider this camera, go for it :)
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.