Sony SEL24F14GM FE 24mm F1.4 GM
Four original high-thrust XD (extreme dynamic) Linear Motors ensure outstanding AF performance.
DDSSM (Direct Drive SSM) for quiet, highly precise focus lens control
Circular 11-blade aperture for beautiful defocus effects
Two XA (extreme aspherical) elements in an optical design contribute to G Master's high resolution
Sony SEL24F14GM FE 24mm F1.4 GM
Get Rewarded with Sony Rewards
What are Sony Rewards Points?
Sony Rewards is a free loyalty program in which you can earn 5% rewards points (order value excluding VAT). Simply log in or join now to link your Sony Rewards account to a Sony Store account. Click here to learn more
- Stunning F1.4 resolution in a mobile prime lens : Unsparing application of leading-edge technology achieves refined G Master performance with consistently high resolution and soft, natural bokeh even at the widest F1.4 aperture setting. The lens is both compact and the lightest in its class2, maximizing the E-mount portability advantage. It also offers fast, precise AF drive, plus top-level control and reliability that make it an outstanding choice for professionals.
- Excellent corner-to-corner resolution : Two XA (extreme aspherical) elements in an optical design that meets stringent G Master requirements contribute to consistently high resolution throughout the image area. Three ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements are also included to effectively suppress chromatic aberration. This innovative optical design minimises sagittal flare so that point light sources are accurately reproduced.
- ED glass elements control colour aberration : Three ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements are carefully incorporated in the lens’s optical path to minimize axial and lateral chromatic aberration, maintaining optimum sharpness throughout the image.
- Nano AR Coating enhances flare resistance : Our original Nano AR Coating technology provides an effective solution, suppressing internal reflections that can lead to flare and ghosting so that optimum contrast and clarity are achieved in the widest possible range of shooting conditions. (1. Nano AR Coating / 2. Glass / 3. Transmitted light)
- Compact and lightweight design : A new optical design that reduces overall lens diameter by employing two XA elements, one for the front lens, combines with a newly developed DDSSM (Direct Drive SSM) focus drive system to achieve a remarkably light total weight of just 445 grams (15.7 oz.). The reduced size and weight of this lens makes it an ideal match for compact E-mount bodies.
|MINIMUM FOCUS DISTANCE||0.24 m (0.79 ft)|
|MAXIMUM MAGNIFICATION RATIO (X)||0.17|
|FILTER DIAMETER (MM)||67|
|WEIGHT||445 g (15.7 oz.)|
Was slightly unsure about the high cost but really pleased I made the leap. Picture quality is excellent. The size and weight is a perfect match for the A7
I bought this lens on Xmas Eve just as the store was closing. At 5 on Xmas morning found myself on a cold dark hill just south of Edinburgh with my Sony A7III and this lens.
Initial results were underwhelming. I was trying for full manual control on windy hill with a light tripod. When I came home and uploaded to my laptop i found that the pictures were better than i had thought. Not my best, but as my first use passable.
I've been out a few times since and I'm getting more used to the lens and getting better results. I still want to see what happens when I use this for astrophotography, but the weather hasn't been right for that- full cloud, no stars.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.