Sony FE 50mm F1.2 GM
Three XA elements for high resolution throughout the image area
Sony Nano AR Coating II to eliminate flare and ghosting
XD Linear Motors offering excellent response and low vibration for fast, precise, quiet AF
Focus hold buttons and other features support professional shooting needs
Sony FE 50mm F1.2 GM
Get Rewarded with Sony Rewards
What are Sony Rewards Points?
Sony Rewards is a free loyalty program in which you can earn 5% rewards points (order value excluding VAT). Simply log in or join now to link your Sony Rewards account to a Sony Store account. Click here to learn more
- 50mm F1.2 “standard” G Master prime lens : With breathtaking G Master resolution and bokeh plus outstanding AF performance in a remarkably compact, lightweight design, the first 50mm F1.2 lens in the α lineup is an excellent choice for day-to-day applications. Whether you’re shooting stills or movies, this lens can take your creativity and expression to new heights.
- Image-wide sharpness from F1.2 : Resolution and contrast are outstanding throughout the aperture range, right up to F1.2. Three XA (extreme aspherical) lens elements in an advanced optical path subdue overall aberration, and other advanced optical technologies minimize chromatic aberration in a lens that is surprisingly compact and lightweight.
- Compact mobility means creative freedom : Large-aperture lenses are often large and heavy. The FE 50mm F1.2 GM is only 87 x 108 mm (3-1/2 x 4-3/8 in.) and weighs just 778 grams (27.5 oz.). State-of-the-art optics plus Sony’s amazing XD Linear Motors and mechanical design come together in a convenient, mobile lens for any shooting situation.
- Smooth, refined G Master bokeh : Three XA (extreme aspherical) elements with 0.01-micron surface precision, plus painstaking spherical aberration control at the design and manufacturing stages, contribute to gorgeous G Master bokeh that can really make portrait and other subjects stand out, especially at the lens’s maximum F1.2 aperture.
- Nano AR Coating II ensures clear images in backlit scenes : Sony’s Nano AR Coating II helps to achieve clear, well-defined images even in strong sunlight and backlighting. This advanced coating is evenly applied to entire element surfaces, effectively minimizing internal reflections so that flare and ghosting do not occur.
|MINIMUM FOCUS DISTANCE||0.4 m (1.32 ft)|
|MAXIMUM MAGNIFICATION RATIO (X)||0.17|
|FILTER DIAMETER (MM)||72|
|WEIGHT||778 g (27.5 oz.)|
Autofocus is pretty fast even at f1.2
Brought a few months ago and it is an exceptional lens
A fantastic, very sharp and very fast lens. Amazing for portraits and Street night photography. Worth the price tag.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.