Sony SEL2470GM2 FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM II
Four original high-thrust XD (extreme dynamic) Linear Motors ensure outstanding AF performance.
5 aspherical elements including 2 XA types plus 2 ED and 2 Super ED glass elements for high resolution.
Deep, creamy F2.8 bokeh throughout the zoom range plus excellent close-up performance.
Dust and moisture resistant design6 ensures optimum reliability and performance in any situation.
Sony SEL2470GM2 FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM II
Get Rewarded with Sony Rewards
What are Sony Rewards Points?
Sony Rewards is a free loyalty program in which you can earn 5% rewards points (order value excluding VAT). Simply log in or join now to link your Sony Rewards account to a Sony Store account. Click here to learn more
- High resolution rivals the best primes2 : Excellent contrast at high spatial frequencies means superb resolution even at F2.8. Two high-precision XA (extreme aspherical) elements, two ED (Extra-low dispersion) glass elements, two Super ED glass elements, and a floating focus mechanism control aberration, for sharp, clear images at all zoom and aperture settings.
- Minimal flare and ghosting : Nano AR Coating II technology produces a uniform anti-reflection coating on lens surfaces, effectively subduing flare and ghosting. The lens’s design suppresses internal reflections that can reduce clarity when shooting landscapes, sports, and a variety of other subjects. Excellent clarity is also an advantage for live streaming and similar events.
- Stunning G Master bokeh : Beautiful F2.8 bokeh extends throughout the zoom range thanks to advanced optics and a new 11-blade aperture unit. Bokeh is enhanced by precise control of spherical aberration during both design and manufacture. Two precision XA elements suppress onion ring bokeh, while ED glass elements prevent color bleeding for natural-looking circular bokeh.
- Fast, precise AF and excellent response : Four of Sony’s original XD (extreme dynamic) Linear Motors, a floating focus mechanism, and advanced lens control achieve high AF precision and tracking. Shoot at up to 30 frames per second3 with a compatible camera body. A new aperture unit also contributes to high speed, enabling full AF tracking performance with the aperture stopped down4.
- Excellent close-up performance : Minimum focusing distance is 0.21 meters at 24 mm and 0.30 meters at 70 mm, with maximum magnification of 0.32x. Deep bokeh at F2.8 is great for close ups. Floating focus ensures ideal sharpness throughout the zoom range and at all focusing distances, while inner focus enables impressive close-up stills or movies where space is limited.
- Movie features refined for visual creators : Advanced lens design reduces focus breathing, focus shift and axial shift when zooming. Image and angle of view shifts are minimized for smooth movie imagery. XD Linear Motors and a new aperture unit contribute to quiet, low-vibration operation. The breathing compensation function provided in compatible α series bodies is also supported5.
|MINIMUM FOCUS DISTANCE||0.21-0.3 m (0.69-0.99 ft)|
|MAXIMUM MAGNIFICATION RATIO (X)||0.32 x|
|FILTER DIAMETER (MM)||82|
|WEIGHT||695 g(24.6 oz.)|
Bought this a month ago and have used for family photography. This lens is super sharp and has insanely fast autofocus. It always stays in my camera now!
Superior optical performance and light weight that replace 3 primes lenses I am very happy with the purchase
I bought this lens a month ago, I so happy that i did ,it fits right in my hand , it takes great photo's to thanks sony
I have had this lens now for 2 months the picture quality is Brilliant & the focusing speed has transformed My A7Rmk4.
This lense is light weight but expensive. ai would still prefer that this was made in Original Japan. I have not fully tested on sharpness but I hope it should be Ok. I have no good photos to up load but I will try.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.