Sony SEL1655G E 16-55mm F2.8 G
XD Linear Motor offering excellent response and low vibration for fast, precise, quiet AF
Two AA lens, two aspherical elements, and three ED glasses for high resolution throughout the zoom range
Sony Nano AR Coating to eliminate flare and ghosting
Dust and moisture resistant design2
Sony SEL1655G E 16-55mm F2.8 G
Get Rewarded with Sony Rewards
What are Sony Rewards Points?
Sony Rewards is a free loyalty program in which you can earn 5% rewards points (order value excluding VAT). Simply log in or join now to link your Sony Rewards account to a Sony Store account. Click here to learn more
- Fast constant F2.8 zoom : Sony’s first 16-55 mm (24-82.5 mm full-frame equiv.) APS-C zoom with a constant F2.8 aperture is compact while offering performance befitting the G Lens series. A new optical design delivers excellent corner-to-corner resolution, and beautiful bokeh is available when needed. It is compact, lightweight, and ideal for a wide range of subjects.
- Excellent G Lens resolution : Two AA (advanced aspherical) and two aspherical elements suppress aberration for outstanding corner-to-corner G Lens resolution, while three ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements reduce color bleeding to a minimum. You get sharp, clear detail and natural colour throughout the zoom range at any focusing distance.
- Smooth, beautiful bokeh : Spherical aberration has a large effect on bokeh quality, and is precisely controlled to deliver smooth, attractive bokeh in out-of-focus areas. A 9-blade circular aperture also contributes to this lens’s beautiful bokeh. Sharp in-focus detail contrasts with luscious background bokeh for deep, impressive imagery.
- Crisp contrast : Sony’s original Nano AR Coating creates a precise, regular nanostructure on lens surfaces that does not interfere with light transmission while suppressing reflections that can cause flare and ghosting. Internal reflections are reduced to an absolute minimum, achieving outstanding clarity and contrast. (1. Nano AR Coating / 2.Glass / 3.Transmitted light)
- Compact, lightweight, and bright : Optimised mechanical and optical design achieve a weight of just 494 g (17.5 oz.) in a compact, constant F2.8 16-55 mm (24-82.5 mm full-frame equiv.) zoom lens. This fine lens is ideal for everything from portraits to everyday snapshots, combining with compact E-mount bodies to form a highly mobile, manageable system for a wide range of photographic applications.
Make your movie soundtracks even more authentic with 5.1 channels of real surround sound. With wired rear speakers and an external subwoofer, this 3ch soundbar delivers deep, room-filling sound for movies, music and more.
|MINIMUM FOCUS DISTANCE||0.33 m (1.09 ft)|
|MAXIMUM MAGNIFICATION RATIO (X)||0.2|
|FILTER DIAMETER (MM)||67|
|WEIGHT||494 g(17.5 oz.)|
I have used many Sony lens and this one has the most build of lens elements in the design. Having used cameras for over fifty years you know when a product gives good quality images without fudging them as I say. I am one of the old school photographers where the photo you took had to be spot on so maybe twenty photos one would be the right one this was on film and that cost money where as now if I take fifty shots it does not matter . So I have only had the lens for a few hours but in that time got the feel of the weight and operation of the lens, while normally within the first hour I would have taken around thirty photos this exercise was only 20 over the twenty shots my main goal is perfection of all the colours and in focus sharpness must be spot on. I check on what colours I am photographing against the actual subjects while they are still there to see. So the lens operates as I would expect it smooth and precise when I am out and about sometime there is no second chance esp
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.