Sony ILME-FX6V Cinema Line FX6 Camera
Leading-edge movie functions including Real-time Eye AF and Face Detection
4K (QFHD) high-frame-rate 120fps recording
Built-in electronic Variable ND Filter
Cinematic colour science with S-Cinetone
Sony ILME-FX6V Cinema Line FX6 Camera
Get Rewarded with Sony Rewards
What are Sony Rewards Points?
Sony Rewards is a free loyalty program in which you can earn 5% rewards points (order value excluding VAT). Simply log in or join now to link your Sony Rewards account to a Sony Store account. Click here to learn more
- Image sensor with blazing fast readout speed : The back-illuminated full-frame Exmor RTM CMOS sensor, with 10.2 effective megapixels2, boasts a blazingly fast data readout speed along with high sensitivity and wide dynamic range. An advanced colour filter array boosts colour reproduction accuracy, while focal plane phase-detection AF enables solid autofocus stability and excellent precision, all of which contribute to outstanding image quality.
- High performance image-processing engine : The BIONZ XRTM image-processing engine boasts class-leading speed performance, minimising latency while providing impressive real-time processing capabilities. The engine performs real-time processing of AF, image recognition and image quality adjustments, while also handling data transfer, user interface and other camera operations.
- High sensitivity, wide dynamic range : The full-frame 10.2-megapixel3 configuration enables high sensitivity with low noise throughout the camera's sensitivity range by optimising the output signal from the sensor. Capture usable images in near total darkness with an impressive ISO expanded range up to 4096004. The dynamic range is an impressively wide 15+ stops5, for beautiful, true-to-life images without blown highlights. Together, the camera's high sensitivity and wide dynamic range expand your creative freedom during shoots.
- Acclaimed cinematic colour with S-Cinetone™ : The inclusion of Sony’s acclaimed S-Cinetone look, inherited from the development of the FX9, allows beautiful images to be achieved directly in-camera. S-Cinetone is optimised for natural skin tones and mid-range colours, with gentle highlight roll-off, for impressive subject depiction and powerful camera-matching and post-production possibilities.
- Preset and User 3D LUT compatibility with Scene File : The Scene File function provides powerful colour interpretation right in the camera, with a range of presets and custom User 3D LUT imports to fit your production or style requirements. Four preset scene file types are included for SDR shooting (S-Cinetone, Standard, Still, ITU709) and two for HDR (HLG Live, HLG Natural). A further 16 slots support User 3D LUT import to achieve custom looks or for specific monitoring or colour-space transforms.
- 10-bit HLG picture profile : An HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma) HDR picture profile, complete with the wide-gamut BT.2020 colour space, can be used for direct HDR (HLG) playback on compatible TVs. The result is true-to-life imagery close to what the naked eye can see, with detailed shadows and highlights, less blackout and less whiteout, all without the need for colour grading. In particular, 10-bit recordings reproduce a level of fine gradation and detail for extraordinary realism.  High flexibility to fine-tune images as desired (colour grading required) Instant high-quality image (colour grading not required)
|SENSOR TYPE||35 mm full-frame, single-chip CMOS image sensor|
|PIXELS||Approx. 12.9 megapixels(total), Approx. 10.2 megapixels(effective)|
|SENSITIVITY||ISO 800/12800 (Cine EI mode, D55 Light source)|
|BUILT-IN OPTICAL FILTERS||Clear, linear variable ND(1/4ND to 1/128ND)|
|MEDIA TYPE||CF express Type A / SD card (x2), Slot B can be used for saving configuration data.|
Excellent image quality and ease of use. Terrible screen support, I ended up going the Zacuto route with excellent results and have stoped using my FS7 except for American jobs where I need to shoot NTSC which unfortunately the FX6 doesnt really do. I would have paid double for the inclusion of a global shutter but overall Im really happy and would hire a Venice for bigger jobs.
Please ad Cinematographer or DP or Lighting cameraman to your multiple choice job descriptions. Nobody likes being called a videographer
Huw T Walters - Cinematographer
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.