Sony FE 50mm F2.8 Macro
Compact, lightweight design
Circular 7-blade aperture for beautiful defocus effects
0.16m minimum focus distance
Dust and moisture resistant design
Sony FE 50mm F2.8 Macro
Get Rewarded with Sony Rewards
What are Sony Rewards Points?
Sony Rewards is a free loyalty program in which you can earn 5% rewards points (order value excluding VAT). Simply log in or join now to link your Sony Rewards account to a Sony Store account. Click here to learn more
- Get close for spectacular macro : With a minimum focusing distance of 16 centimeters you can get close enough for truly imposing lifesize shots. There is less need to move the entire camera to find a usable shooting distance, so it is easy to shoot tabletop subjects without having to leave your seat and move around. This is an extremely useful lens for everyday situations.
- Excellent image-wide sharpness and bokeh : A high-performance optical design that includes an ED glass element minimizes chromatic aberration, even when shooting close, contributing to outstanding corner-to-corner sharpness. Out-of-focus backgrounds are beautiful too, with a circular aperture mechanism helping to produce smooth, natural-looking bokeh that can make your subjects stand out.
- Compact, lightweight design : Max. 70.8 mm diameter and 71 mm length with a total weight of only 236 grams 8.4 oz for outstanding mobility and easy handling. This lens is a perfect match for the compact α series, and an ideal choice for everyday use.
- Comprehensive control for easy macro : A focus-mode switch can be used to quickly switch between manual and auto focus, adapting easily to any macro opportunities that arise. A focus-range limiter sets the lens’s focus range for the fastest possible AF operation, and a focus-hold button freezes focus wherever it is pressed for controlled, stable shooting.
- For snapshots as well as macro: The lens’s “normal” 50 mm focal length makes it ideal for shooting scenery and portraits as well as close-up subjects. An aspherical element carefully compensates for field curvature, maintaining top image quality from image center to periphery.
|MINIMUM FOCUS DISTANCE||0.16 m (0.53 ft)|
|MAXIMUM MAGNIFICATION RATIO (X)||1|
|FILTER DIAMETER (MM)||55|
|WEIGHT||236 g (8.4 oz)|
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.