Sony FE 40mm F2.5 G
Compact and lightweight for constant carrying and comfortable shooting
High corner-to-corner image quality from state-of-the-art optics
Beautiful natural bokeh
Double linear motors for fast, precise and quiet AF
Sony FE 40mm F2.5 G
Get Rewarded with Sony Rewards
What are Sony Rewards Points?
Sony Rewards is a free loyalty program in which you can earn 5% rewards points (order value excluding VAT). Simply log in or join now to link your Sony Rewards account to a Sony Store account. Click here to learn more
- Compact, superbly-built standard prime lens : This standard prime lens packs the high image quality and beautiful bokeh of the G Lens into a compact design with superb build quality and intuitive operability. It's the ideal lens for shooting casual portraits. The fast, precise and quiet AF is ideal for shooting both stills and movies, ensuring capture of those vital moments.
- A matching set of portable primes : This is one of our G Lens primes (sold separately), offering different focal lengths but the same external look, 49mm filter diameter, compact design, and layout. They're compact enough to carry all three so you're ready for great shots across a range of scenes and subjects, and the similar weight even makes gimbal rebalancing easy.
- Intuitive, metal design and clear optics : The metal (aluminium) finish of the lens body and hood, plus the engraved focal length and aperture markings emphasise a superb build quality. The ultra-compact lightweight design, the high image quality of the G Lens, the aperture ring and Linear Response MF deliver intuitive operability that makes shooting a pleasure.
- Beautiful natural bokeh : A 7-blade circular aperture is provided, with precise control of the spherical aberration that affects bokeh delivering the beautiful natural bokeh of the G Lens.
- Light for constant carrying and shooting : The mechanical design takes maximum advantage of state-of-the-art optics with an effective layout of two aspherical lens elements, and the short flange back unique to mirrorless cameras, to realise stunning compactness and a weight of only 174 g (6.2 oz). The lens is ideal for shooting casual outdoor portraits or snaps, or movie shooting with a gimbal. Mobility is delivered by the compact design that matches both full-frame and APS-C bodies.
|MINIMUM FOCUS DISTANCE||0.28 m (AF), 0.25 m (MF) (0.92 ft (AF), 0.82 ft (MF)|
|MAXIMUM MAGNIFICATION RATIO (X)||x 0.2 (AF), x 0.23 (MF)|
|FILTER DIAMETER (MM)||49|
|WEIGHT||173 g (6.2 oz.)|
One of the important reasons for migrating to Sony was availability of this lens. My favorite focal length is 40mm, and whilst it would have been even better if the largest aperture was F2.0, I am very happy with the lens as it is.
I would have liked even more if the lens was smaller in size, but I understand the reasons for being this size.
Quality wise, this lens is excellent. I particularly like its super fast AF with A7 IV.
I would highly recommend this lens to anyone looking for an all day carry on lens.
The lens seems to have imperceptible distortion, which is really good too.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.