Sony FE 20–70 mm F4 G Lens
Two AA elements and three ED glass elements for extremely high optical performance
Image shift minimised by reduced focus breathing and axial shift when zooming
Two XD Linear Motors for fast, quiet, smooth focus drive
Customisable focus hold buttons and independent rings for focus, zoom, and aperture
Sony FE 20–70 mm F4 G Lens
Get Rewarded with Sony Rewards
What are Sony Rewards Points?
Sony Rewards is a free loyalty program in which you can earn 5% rewards points (order value excluding VAT). Simply log in or join now to link your Sony Rewards account to a Sony Store account. Click here to learn more
- Standard zoom redefined: ultra-wide 20 mm to 70 mm. This versatile, high-performance E-mount lens offers a zoom range that extends from ultra-wide 20 mm to 70 mm in a compact, lightweight model that has been painstakingly designed with no compromises in image quality, AF performance, or movie operability.
- Outstanding G Lens image quality. Two AA (advanced aspherical) elements and three ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements simultaneously correct chromatic and spherical aberration for extremely high optical performance right out to the image edges, from ultra-wide 20 mm to 70 mm. Deep, soft bokeh is enhanced by a 9-blade circular aperture and optimally tuned spherical aberration, supporting the creation of beautiful, memorable imagery.
- Peak AF performance for stills and movies. Two XD (extreme dynamic) Linear Motors provide high thrust for fast, quiet, smooth focus drive. Improved thrust efficiency results in up to a 60% increase in AF speed, and tracking performance has been improved by as much as two times so tracking is reliable and precise. Moving subjects are reliably tracked when shooting continuous stills at up to 30fps, and high-frame-rate movie capture is smooth.
- Refined movie imagery Advanced technology reduces focus breathing as well as focus and axial shift when zooming so that distracting image shifts are minimised. This lens has also been designed for quiet operation when shooting movies, with XD Linear Motors and a newly developed aperture unit that dramatically reduce noise and vibration. The breathing compensation function provided in compatible α series bodies is also supported.
- High-level operability and reliability for any environment This lens features a dust and moisture-resistant design and a fluorine-coated front element that repels contaminants. All controls, including customisable focus hold buttons and independent rings for focus, zoom, and aperture are designed for smooth, versatile control when shooting stills or movies. A focus mode switch makes it easy to switch between autofocus and manual focus on the fly.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.